This is the book that Hollywood and the Boston Globe do not want you to read.
On the eve of the Hollywood release of the new movie Spotlight – starring Hollywood heavyweights Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo – which purports to dramatize the Boston Globe's 2002 Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting on sex abuse and the Catholic Church, SINS OF THE PRESS sets the record straight on the Globe's reporting, its unabashed history of animus toward the Catholic Church, and its past indifference to sex abuse.
Thoroughly researched and meticulously documented, SINS OF THE PRESS exposes:
- How the Globe's reporting was only the culmination of a relentless, decades-long campaign against the Catholic Church for ideological reasons;
- How the Globe flagrantly misled its readers about the Church's response to abuse complaints;
- How the Globe has dismissed abuse and cover-ups in other institutions;
- How the Globe has routinely celebrated child molesters in its pages over the years;
- How the Globe frequently promoted an author who supported incest between fathers and daughters;
- How the Globe was flat-out erroneous in its reporting;
- How the Globe facilitated the foundation of the notorious gay pedophile group NAMBLA;
- The truth about Cardinal Law and his response to cases of abusive priests;
and much more.